- Apply margarine / butter around the cake tin and the base
- Mix margarine / butter, sugar, dried fruit, water, baking soda, mix spice in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium fire. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 min.
- Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Sieve both flour and salt into the creamy mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into cake tin and level the surface well.
- Bake for 1 and 1/4 hours at 180C.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Fruit cake is a must during Christmas season. Here is a simple recipe to share with you. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
120g margarine / butter
340g dried fruit ( raisin, sultana, cherries, orange peel)
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp mixed spice
120g plain flour
120g Self-raising flour
a pinch of salt