- Grease baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix walnut, oil, sugar. raisin and egg together.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add in vanilla essence.
- Knead into a firm paste, add flour if necessary.
- Roll out mixture into small size balls.
- Flatten with finger or fork.
- Bake 10-15min at 170C or until golden browned.
- Makes 14-20pcs depending on the size.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
This biscuit does not require any butter. Instead, it uses sunflower oil which is healthy and suitable for weight watchers. I find that the biscuit is a little bit hard and not crunchy. The interior is not crumbly at all. I would suggest adding half shortening instead of using all oil. Your could add cornflour or custard to make it crunchy.
55g chopped walnuts
115ml sunflower oil
55g caster sugar
25g chopped raisins
175g plain flour - sieve
1tsp baking powder- sieve
1/4 tsp vanilla essence