Saturday, October 17, 2009
CHOCOLATE CHIPS RAISIN MUFFIN
Delicious Moist Muffins
I first joined NESTLE member club way back in 1995. Ever since then, NESTLE has sent me notes on how to eat healthy and details of food nutritions. What I like most are the various receipes that they provide with colour postcard size, easy to read too. I have the "GOLDEN MANGO MUFFIN" receipe. Unfortunately, short of many ingredients. Therefore, I replaced them with whatever I could find in my kitchen.
I baked the first batch for 15min but the interior were wet, sticky and not sweet enough.
For the second batch, I added some chocolate chips since they were not sweet. Baked 20min and turned out a little burnt at the side and the bottom. Surprisingly, they were PERFECT!! Moist, sweet and fine texture. Give it a try!
Chocolate Chips Raisin Muffin
(original receipe was GOLDEN MANGO MUFFIN)
150ml Apple Yogurt (or any flavour)
150g chopped raisins
250g SR Flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp salt
150g butter (dice,melted)
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
100ml Full Cream Milk
(I substitute with 1 tbsp milk powder with 100ml warm water)
a little butter for greasing muffin tins
1. Preheat oven. Prepare all the required ingredients.
Combine raisins with yogurt in a bowl.
Cover and leave aside for 1/2 hr to soften the raisins.
In another bowl, sift together SR flour and bicarbonate soda.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add half of the beaten eggs and beat well after each addition.
4. Stir in vanilla essence and yogurt mixture.
5. Fold in flour sifted flour and bicarbonate soda alternatively with milk.
6. Mix well.
7. Grease muffin tins with a little butter.
8. Fill the greased muffin tin with batter 2/3 full.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15-20min.
Muffins will rise and turn golden brown.
10. Insert skewer or cake tester into muffins. It should comes out clean.