- Grease muffin tin.
- Sift flour, baking powder into a bowl. Add salt.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, sugar and butter.
- Add combined milk and pandan paste. Mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour ingredients.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on to the base of each greased muffin hole.
- Use a teaspoon to make a hole in the centre.
- Fill in a teaspoon of kaya (coconut jam).
- Then cover the top of the kaya with a tablespoon of batter until 2/3 full.
- Bake 200C for 35min or until skewer inserted into the middle of muffin comes out clean.
Monday, September 20, 2010
PANDAN KAYA MUFFIN
Kaya, comes from the word meaning "rich" in Malay. It is a coconut egg jam,whereby the jam is made from coconut milk , eggs, mixed with extracted juice from pandan leaf for fragrance and sweetened with sugar.
( Pandan Kaya Muffin taken from Google images)
( pandan leave or screwpine leave)
150g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg-beaten
40g castor sugar
50g butter, melted
100ml milk mix with 1/2 tsp pandan paste or 1 tbs pandan juice
12 teaspoon of kaya (coconut jam)